Book with Fiji Airways for your flights to Tokyo and experience this dynamic East Asian capital for yourself.
Getting to know Tokyo
- Japan's capital Tokyo is the world's largest urban area and home to over 37 million people.
- Tokyo hosts the headquarters of 51 Fortune 500 companies and the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Asia's largest stock exchange.
- Once called Edo, Tokyo's history dates to the 3rd millennium BC, but its architecture is mostly contemporary and older buildings are rare.
Attractions in Tokyo
- Explore Meiji-Jingu, Tokyo's grandest Shinto shrine. Stroll up a winding gravel path that leads to the majestic torii gates. Hidden in a wooded grove, this shrine offers iconic torii gates and exquisite grounds.
- Discover the Tokyo National Museum. With the world's largest collection of Japanese art, woodblock prints, and beautiful kimonos, it’s Japan's premier art museum.
- Experience sumo wrestling at the Ryogoku Kokugikan. Located in the Sumida ward, this indoor sporting arena is known for its January, May, and September sumo tournaments.
- See the Shibuya Crossing, the world's busiest intersection. Find a window seat in a second-floor restaurant and enjoy people-watching at one of Japan's most iconic locations.
- Browse through Coreda Muromachi's elegant shops and sample its traditional delicacies. It offers exquisite teas and historical shops in a modern setting.
Transport in TokyoTravel around Tokyo via its thirteen subway lines. Be sure to get a pre-paid IC card, not a day pass, as most don't cover all of Tokyo's train and subway lines. Keep in mind there are women-only subway cars. Outside Tokyo's city centre, you’ll find many bus routes to take. To stay active, you can also hire a bike.
Wednesday sky is clear
Thursday sky is clear
Friday sky is clear
Saturday sky is clear
Sunday sky is clear
Monday sky is clear
Tuesday sky is clear