Los Angeles (LAX) to Melbourne (MEL)Round tripLAX-MEL
*Best fares on flights found by others in the last 48 hours.
Melbourne – Destination
Book you flight to Melbourne to experience Australia’s idyllic second city with Fiji Airways, your gateway to the South Pacific.
With a population of over 4 million, Melbourne is Australia’s second largest city. In fact, Melbourne was the capital of the country from 1901 to 1927. And with more than 440 trams, it also boasts the fourth largest tram system in the world and the largest outside of Europe.
Things to Do in Melbourne
- Walk through the venerable National Gallery of Victoria to see the world’s largest stained-glass ceiling, as well as a stunning array of art.
- Take a boat trip down the Yarra River, a former public bathing area, and visit the Royal Botanical Gardens Victoria on its south end.
- Explore the Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne’s open-air market, with its massive food hall and plentiful vendor stalls selling everything from fresh produce, to local art.
- Tour Melbourne’s Parliament House while an actual parliament is in session. Built during the city’s Gold Rush, The Parliament house offers informative tours.
- Discover over 300 species of animals from Australia and around the world at the Melbourne Zoo.
Getting around Melbourne
- With a Myki smartcard, you can conveniently pay for all modes of public transportation, including Melbourne’s impressive tram network.
- The trams can take passengers all around the city, offering two fare zones depending on where you travel.
- The Melbourne visitor shuttle bus has 13 different stops at shopping areas, cultural sights, and much more. Tickets can be acquired at the Melbourne Visitor Centre and is available every 30 minutes.