Located in the northeast of Vanua Levu, Labasa is the largest town on the island. As the administrative centre, it isn’t a typical Fijian town as many might expect, but it still has a lot to offer visitors.
Fiji Link offer flights to Labasa, serving Labasa Airport (LBS), to connect the island to cities all over the world through Nadi.
Attractions in Labasa
- Travel to Natewa Bay to get up close and personal with spinner and bottlenose dolphins.
- Enjoy the authenticity of Labasa, which is not often visited by tourists, and learn how the city developed as an agricultural centre for sugar cane.
- Visit the Wasavula Ceremonial Site, located just 2 km outside Labasa. This historical site has a cryptic past.
- Soak in the hot springs of Waiqele. To get there, hop on the Waiqele bus and travel the 3 km to relax.
- Have a picnic on Korovatu Beach, a popular site that charges a small entry fee, but provides toilets and picnic tables.
Transport in Labasa
Labasa is well-connected to other places in Fiji, but public transport isn’t common in the town. The best method of travelling around the immediate area is on foot or by hiring a car. Frequent ferry buses can take you to other islands as well.