Los Angeles to Labasa
*Best fares on flights found by others in the last 48 hours.
Located in the northeast of Vanua Levu, Labasa is the largest town on the island. As the administrative centre, it isn’t a typical Fijian town as many might expect, but it still has a lot to offer visitors.
Fiji Link offer flights to Labasa, serving Labasa Airport (LBS), to connect the island to cities all over the world through Nadi.
Attractions in Labasa
- Travel to Natewa Bay to get up close and personal with spinner and bottlenose dolphins.
- Enjoy the authenticity of Labasa, which is not often visited by tourists, and learn how the city developed as an agricultural centre for sugar cane.
- Visit the Wasavula Ceremonial Site, located just 2 km outside Labasa. This historical site has a cryptic past.
- Soak in the hot springs of Waiqele. To get there, hop on the Waiqele bus and travel the 3 km to relax.
- Have a picnic on Korovatu Beach, a popular site that charges a small entry fee, but provides toilets and picnic tables.
Transport in Labasa
Labasa is well-connected to other places in Fiji, but public transport isn’t common in the town. The best method of travelling around the immediate area is on foot or by hiring a car. Frequent ferry buses can take you to other islands as well.