Kiribati, officially the Republic of Kiribati, is a sovereign state in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Its name comes from a local enunciation of its previous name, Gilberts. Kiribati has a history as far back as 3000 BC and was under English colonial rule until 1979.
Fiji Airways offers direct flights to Kiribati serving Cassidy International Airport (CXI) in Kiritimati and Bonriki International Airport (TRW) in Tarawa. Have a look at our flights now and get your island adventure started!
Top things to do in Kiribati
- Take a trip to Tabiteuea, an atoll in Kiribati. The atoll has stunning coral reefs and picturesque beaches.
- Birdwatch in Kiritimati, which is both a sanctuary and a breeding ground for 18 different species of bird.
- Go fishing in the waters around the different islands of Kiribati and see if you’re lucky enough to catch a marlin!
- Learn about the history of the islands during the Second World War on Molly’s Tours: Tarawa.
- Go beneath the surface of the sea and see what lies beneath at one of the many diving and snorkelling spots.