Los Angeles cmp-preposition--destination-place Brisbane
Brisbane is the capital of Queensland and is the third most populous city in Australia. It is also one of the oldest cities in Australia, founded upon the ancient homelands of the indigenous Turrbal and Jagera people.
Book your flight to Brisbane with Fiji Airways now and get your adventure started.
Attractions in Brisbane
- Visit Boggo Road Gaol and learn about the history of the prison from its earliest days to when it closed.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is the world’s first and largest koala sanctuary, and it’s only 12 km outside of Brisbane, accessible by bus!
- If you want a bit of an adrenaline rush, why not abseil the Kangaroo Point Cliffs in South Brisbane? Not for the faint hearted, though!
- The Gallery of Modern Art in Brisbane is worth the trip and is also great if you’re travelling with children!
- See what’s on at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre, which hosts a huge range of shows and has its own restaurant if you want a bite to eat!
Transport in Brisbane
Brisbane prides itself on being environmentally-minded and sustainable, so it has a wonderful public transport system. There is a free bus that loops around the city too, so you know you can get where you need to go without a car. Not only that, but the transport website is available in 17 languages to make it even easier for visitors to find their way around.
Getting from the airport
Brisbane Airport (BNE) is well served by transport options and you can get a taxi or a bus, depending on your preference, budget and where you’re going. A taxi will take 20 minutes if it’s not peak time. If you opt for a bus, the number 590 runs 7 days a week. There is also a train which operates every 15 minutes during peak times and the journey from the airport to the centre of Brisbane will take 20 minutes.