We realise that there has been uncertainty around your bookings. This is why we are offering some of the most flexible rebooking options for our customers. Rest assured that you will not lose out on the fare you’ve paid us. Please see the following flexibility policy for Fiji Airways and Fiji Link ticket holders.
Updated: 19 June 2020
This policy applies to Fiji Airways customers holding valid 260 (Fiji Airways) tickets for travel on Fiji Airways and Fiji Link flights after 19 March 2020, which have been cancelled due to the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
Fiji Airways is offering the following options to its customers affected by flight cancellations:
- Defer Travel to an alternative Fiji Airways operated flight (where feasible)
Defer travel to a later flight to any Fiji Airways destination, in the same class of travel without reissue fee. Passengers may amend their tickets to a specific later date and can do unlimited date changes to their bookings without reissue fee. However a fare difference may apply if the new fare is higher than the value on the existing ticket.
- Hold the ticket value in credit (EMD)
Passengers may opt to hold a credit voucher (EMD) for travel any time up to 31 December 2021. If the booking has any ancillary revenue purchases, the value of those will also be included in the voucher. The voucher can be used as payment for a future booking on any chosen dates without reissue fee, however a fare difference may apply. If at the end of the voucher validity period (31 December 2021) the passenger has been unable to use the voucher for travel on Fiji Airways, they can seek a refund up to the value of the voucher.
If the ticket purchased is a refundable ticket, passenger may seek a refund in accordance with the ticketing fare conditions. If the ticket purchased is non-refundable, it remains non-refundable unless local legislation requires a refund to be made available.
- Customers who wish to retain the value of the ticket in credit are entitled to unlimited date changes at time of reissue.
- All changes must be made prior to the original ticketed departure.
- All other rules and conditions of the ticket remain unchanged.
- Fiji Airways will not be liable for any other costs such as hotel or other ground transportation. Passengers can refer to their travel insurance provider for any such claims.
- Fiji Airways will continue to monitor this event waiver and adjust this policy if needed.
- If a Passenger has made a direct booking with Fiji Airways, they can call Fiji Airways directly to change their tickets
- For tickets issued by Travel Agents, the passenger has to request for any changes to their ticket through their travel agent.