Savusavu is a remote town located in the south of Vanua Levu island in Fiji. According to the 2007 census, just over 3,000 people live there. It’s known as a hidden paradise with beautiful beaches.
Fiji Link offer flights to Savusavu, serving Savusavu Airport (SVU), meaning you can get to this coastal paradise with ease.
Things to do in Savusavu
- Sail 25 km off the coast to see Namena Marine Park, a protected coral reef that offers spectacular diving.
- Stroll through the Flora Tropica Gardens on Savusavu Harbour, where you can see over 300 species of palm trees!
- Get a massage at the plush Namale Spa and Resort on Himalaya Highway and marvel at the scenic backdrop.
- Take a 5-minute trip outside Savusavu to the J. Hunter Pearl underwater farm to discover more about these sought-after gems.
- Stock up on local produce at a market in town and taste truly fresh Fijian food.
Transport in Savusavu
Savusavu is a remote town on the large Vanua Levu island, so public transport mainly connects the town centre to the larger towns and cities of Vanua Levu. Rental cars are available to hire as are local taxis. If you’re travelling elsewhere, the public ferry buses connect the different islands of Fiji.