Taveuni, the third largest island in Fiji, spans 434 square kilometres in the Cakaudrove Province. Home to around 9,000 people, it’s known as the Garden Island because of the lush jungle and gorgeous beaches.
Bringing you to the jungle from all over the country, Fiji Airways offer flights to Taveuni through its carrier Fiji Link, serving Matei Airport (TVU).
Attractions in Taveuni
- Dive in the Rainbow Reef off the coast and learn about life under the sea.
- Hike to Tavoro Waterfall to cool down underneath the waters and enjoy all the natural beauty.
- Explore the Bouma National Heritage Park, one of the wildlife sanctuaries in the Pacific.
- Take the Lavena Coastal Walk along the stunning island coast.
- Buy some stunning, freshwater pearls from Civa Pearl Farm and bring a bit of Fiji back with you.
Transport in Taveuni
Transport in Taveuni consists of private taxis or rental cars. Although the island is large, there is no real demand for public transport. The main form of public transport in Taveuni, much like the rest of Fiji, is ferry bus, which connects the islands.