Christchurch to Kadavu
*Best fares on flights found by others in the last 48 hours.
Kadavu is the fourth largest island in Fiji and the largest of the Kadavu group of islands. Although relatively large at 411 square meters, the island only has one town and a few roads. Book your flight to Kadavu with Fiji Link and experience authentic island life on this traditional Fijian island.
Things to do in Kadavu
- Trek through the rainforest and find out more about the native flora and go for a dip in a waterfall to cool down.
- Whale watch on the coast to spot humpback whales doing fantastic displays during the summer months.
- Dine in a restaurant to try a traditional Lovo, a dish of meat, coconut-infused green vegetables, and root crops roasted in a clay oven.
- Relax at Papageno, a solar-powered resort on the Malawi Bay. Just sit back, relax, and if you fancy it, get a massage.
- Snorkel in the Great Astrolabe Reef and get up close and personal with the resident sea creatures.
Transport in Kadavu
As there are few roads in Kadavu, walking is the best way to get around. Otherwise, you could also hire a bicycle, but just know it won’t be a smooth ride. If you want to explore another island, you can take ferries to various ones.