Tokyo to Adelaide
*Best fares on flights found by others in the last 48 hours.
Adelaide is the southern coastal capital of Australia and home to over 75 percent of the population of South Australia. It’s also a city of great importance, as it was founded in 1836 as the planned capital for a freely-settled British province in Australia.
Book your flight to Adelaide with Fiji Airways and experience the history of southern Australia.
Top attractions in Adelaide
- Take a trip to Kangaroo Island, the third-largest island in Australia. It’s located 112 km from Adelaide, and many tour companies offer day tours.
- Learn about Aboriginal history and culture in the South Australian Museum, which was founded in 1856.
- Have a stroll around the Himeji Gardens, a traditional Japanese garden with meditative paths and a lake. When you’ve finished exploring, have a cup of tea and a snack in the teahouse.
- Check out the important indigenous works and other art in the Art Gallery of South Australia.
- Do a bit of shopping in Rundle Mall. This pedestrianised street in Adelaide is home to so many shops, you’re sure to find something you like.
Transport in Adelaide
Getting around Adelaide is very easy, as the Adelaide Metro brings together all methods of public transport and you can get a multi-day travel pass if you wish. There is a free bus that loops around the city centre and, if you are travelling further than Adelaide, there is a JetBus service that brings you to Glenelg and West Beach.
Getting from the airport
Transport from Adelaide Airport (ADL) to the city centre is easy, with an express bus that runs every 30 mins. If you want to take a taxi, it will take roughly 15 minutes.