Located on the southernmost point of the North Island, Wellington is the capital of New Zealand. It’s a compact city that has both metropolitan features and sandy beaches.
As your Gateway to the Pacific, Fiji Airways offers flights to Wellington and beyond.
Top Things to do in Wellington
- Visit the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa to learn about the country’s traditional and colonial history.
- Check out the Weta Cave to see props from The Lord of the Rings movies. Entry is free, but the tour is not.
- Head to Zealandia, a wildlife sanctuary with native species of rare birds, lizards, and plants.
- Relax in the Botanic Gardens in the city centre.
- Explore Te Aro Pa, a Maori village from the 1840s that was excavated during construction works in 2005.