Taipei is a special municipal district in Taiwan and it sits on the southern tip of the state. This modern metropolis with a colonial heritage features a blend of two different cultures.
Book your flight to Taipei with Fiji Airways and experience this thriving East-Asian megacity.
Top Things to do in Taipei
- Visit the top floor of Taipei 101, which was the world’s highest building until 2010. The outdoor observation deck offers a 360-degree view of the city.
- Explore the National Palace Museum, which has a rich history and is home to some artefacts dating as far back as the 10th century.
- Hike Elephant Mountain on a number of trails, each offering fantastic views.
- Head to Chih Nan Temple, an ancient site of worship for a number of deities.
- Pick up some food or souvenirs at the Raohe Street Night Market, a traditional Taiwanese marketplace.
Transport in Taipei
Taipei has an amazing public transport system, with a heavy reliance on the metro. It’s easy to get around the city, and a number of routes serve the most popular tourist destinations.