Getting to know Shenzhen
- One of the world's fastest-growing cities, Shenzhen is the financial heart of southern China and home to the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
- Shenzhen means ‘deep drains’, a reference to its rice paddy field drains.
- Adjacent to Hong Kong, Shenzhen's has a humid, subtropical climate and is known for its pleasant winters.
- Explore Lianhuashan Park, one of Shenzen's most popular attractions. Known for its coconut forest and kite square, this family-friendly park includes Peak Square, a perfect spot to overlook the downtown area.
- Tour the Splendid China and Cultural Folk Villages to see China in one day. A 35 to 40-minute metro ride from the city centre, this park includes miniatures of over 100 major tourist attractions.
- Visit Kingkey 100 for stunning city views. Located in Shenzhen's Luohu District, this majestic skyscraper is Shenzhen's second tallest building.
- Experience Mount Wutong's sweeping views and lush forests. The tallest mountain in Shenzen, its trails and streams make it one of the city's most popular sites.
- Discover beautiful artworks at the Dafen Oil Painting Village. Once known for its art copies, Dafen's artists now produce some of China's best Original art.
Book with Fiji Airways and enjoy authentic Fijian hospitality on your flights to Shenzhen.
Transport in ShenzhenEight subway lines connect Shenzhen's nine districts. During rush hour, the subway saves you the most time. Otherwise, you can also catch a city bus, but keep in the mind air-conditioned one’s charge double the fare. For more convenience, you may prefer taking taxis, but note the colour. They colour-coded according to areas served. To travel beyond the city, board a ferry to Macau, Zhuhai Wailingding Island, or Hong Kong.
Sunday light rain
Monday light rain
Tuesday scattered clouds
Wednesday broken clouds
Thursday light rain
Friday moderate rain
Saturday moderate rain