Southern California is home to the large city of San Diego. Known for sandy beaches, expansive parks, and a warm climate, San Diego is a great place for people of all ages to visit. Known as “America’s Finest City”, San Diego is located right on the Pacific Ocean and directly adjacent to the United States-Mexico border. For the easiest and most comfortable trip, book your flight to San Diego with Fiji Airways. Enjoy a host of on-board entertainment options and excellent customer service.
What to do in San Diego
- One of the top-rated tourist destinations in San Diego, Balboa Park covers 1,400 acres of historical buildings, museums, gardens, and green space.
- Known all over the United States as one of the best zoos in the country, San Diego Zoo is home to hundreds of animals. The zoo’s commitment to natural animal enclosures makes it a totally unique experience.
- If you want to see all of San Diego, Point Loma is where you should go. You can take in the San Diego skyline, tour the historic lighthouse, and sometimes even see Navy submarines come into port.
- Another great tourist attraction in San Diego is Coronado Island. Here you can find pristine beaches, boutiques, unique restaurants, the Navy Seals training facility and the historic hotel from the Marilyn Monroe film “Some Like It Hot.”
- Because San Diego is a huge base for the Navy, it should come as no surprise that they have the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum. The decommissioned ship has been permanently docked at Navy Pier and made into a museum.
Getting around in San Diego
San Diego is a large metropolitan city with far-flung neighbourhoods. While you can easily get around via taxi, ridesharing, or sometimes public transport, it is recommended that you rent a car to get the most out of your trip. There are a variety of trains and trolleys that make loops around popular neighbourhoods like Downtown and Old Town. There are also a few ferries with service to and from different parts of the coastline and nearby islands.