Rockhampton is located in Queensland in Western Australia and is home to around 81,000 people. It’s an older city, founded in the 1800s, and much of the original Victorian architecture remains today.
Fiji Airways offers flights to Rockhampton Airport (ROK) through its codeshare partner Qantas, so have a look at our flights today to visit a Victorian city in the land of Oz.
Attractions in Rockhampton
- Have a steak dinner – Rockhampton is known as the beef steak capital of Australia, so try the famous cuisine.
- Go underground in the privately-owned Capricorn Caves and marvel at the limestone caverns.
- Archer Park Rail Museum is worth a visit, as the railway station was built between 1897 and 1908.
- Explore the grounds of the Mount Etna Caves National Park, an aboriginal national park that’s home to bent-wing bats.
- Rockhampton Art Gallery hosts a wonderful collection of modernist art, so have a look at the work of local artists.
Transport in Rockhampton
Rockhampton is a perfect city to explore on foot, but if you want to go a bit further then you can take the bus around the city and the larger Queensland region. The bus is priced per zone, so the further you’re going, the more expensive it will be. There are concession prices available, so make sure you check them out.
Getting from the airport
Rockhampton Airport is located just 5 km outside the centre of Rockhampton, meaning it’s easy to travel from. There are a range of bus services which connect the airport to the city centre, and there is a 20-minute allowance for cars collecting and dropping off passengers.