Philadelphia is a city located in Pennsylvania in the north-eastern United States. Some of the city’s nicknames include Philly, The City of Brotherly Love, and The Athens of America. The city is widely known as one of the friendliest places in the United States and is home to a lot of the nation’s historic sites. Flights to Philadelphia are easy thanks to Fiji Airways’ numerous flight options and friendly service.
Sites in Philadelphia
- The first thing you should do is take a picture with the Liberty Bell in its exhibit that overlooks Independence Hall. Learn all about what the Bell stands for and why it’s important to American history.
- Run up the steps in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and pose with the famous Rocky Balboa statue at the top.
- Eat a traditional Philly Cheesesteak: a delicious sandwich on a fluffy roll packed with thin slices of steak and melted cheeses.
- Tour Independence Hall, one of Philadelphia’s best attractions and the location for the signing of the Declaration of Independence in 1776. The United States’ Constitution was also drafted there in 1787. Guided tours are available all year round and are free.
- Sample food and local produce at Reading Terminal Market, home to over 30 restaurants and dozens of local vendors.
Transport in Philadelphia
You can get around Philadelphia in a number of ways, including public transport, taxis, ridesharing, rented cars, bikes, and on foot. Philadelphia has been rated one of the best walking cities in America. You can get almost anywhere on foot, including restaurants, museums, historical locations, shopping, and more.