Facing Tasman Bay, Nelson is the oldest city on the South Island. Steeped in history, it was founded in 1841 and has a vast array of museums and art galleries.
Book your flight to Nelson with Fiji Airways to travel in comfort to this city that is surrounded by beautiful wilderness.
Top Things to do in Nelson
- See the eccentric collections in the World of Wearable Art, a museum dedicated to classic cars and extravagant costumes.
- Relax in the surrounds of the Miyazu Gardens, Japanese-style gardens with ponds, cherry trees, and a tea house.
- Visit Natureland Wildlife Trust, a compact sanctuary for native and exotic animals in their natural settings.
- Learn about the country’s history at the Nelson Provincial Museum, the oldest one in the land.
- Explore the Ngarua Caves to fulfil your sense of adventure.
Transport in Nelson
The public bus service that runs between Nelson and Richmond, the NBus serves a number of different routes. Otherwise, the easiest way to explore the city is to hire a car or a bike or just walk.