Nadi (NAN) to Vava'u (VAV)Round tripNAN-VAV
*Best fares on flights found by others in the last 48 hours.
Vava’u is an island group in Tonga in the Pacific Ocean. It is made up of the large island of ‘Uta Vava’u and 40 smaller islands. The capital of Vava’u is Neiafu and the island is steeped in Polynesian myths and traditions. Book your next flight to Vava’u with Fiji Airways and experience a diverse selection of in-flight entertainment with our FijiTime entertainment channels.
Top things to do in Vava’u
- The only botanical garden in Tonga is located in ‘Uta Vava’u and it is definitely worth visiting. The ‘Ene’io Botanical Garden (EBG) is home to a vast array of native plants.
- Go fishing in the waters around Vava’u, where marlin, sailfish, and yellow-fin tuna are plentiful.
- Buy some local crafts, fruit and vegetables, and jewellery at the Utakalongalu Market in Neiafu and bring a piece of Tonga home with you.
- Take a historical tour and learn about the history and culture of Vava’u, from the myth of the god Maui creating the islands, to the Spanish invasion.
- Relax on one of the idyllic beaches and cool off with a dip in the Pacific Ocean.
Transport in Vava’u
The main methods of transport in and around Tonga are trucks and bicycles. If you’re travelling from island to island, there are public ferries and water taxis available. There are frequent services from Vava’u to Nuku’alofa and ‘Eua. The easiest way to explore the islands is either by bicycle, on foot, or on a tour run by a local. The airport is only 10 km from Neiafu, and many of the hotels supply a shuttle bus.