London is the capital city of England and the United Kingdom. It’s a wonderfully modern city, cloaked in history that dates back to Roman times. The city is sprawling and vibrant, meaning there’s something exciting around every corner.
Fiji Airways offers flights to London through our codeshare partnership with American Airlines and British Airways, serving both Gatwick Airport (LGW) and Heathrow Airport (LHR), the main international airports in England.
Top things to do in London
- Pay a visit to the Globe Theatre and learn all about the father of literature and theatre, William Shakespeare.
- See London from above on the London Eye, which is a giant Ferris wheel on the sprawling River Thames.
- Have a look at the huge collection in the Tate Modern and get up close and personal with masterpieces from Andy Warhol.
- The West End is the Broadway of Europe, so it would be rude not to attend at least one show. There’s always something on!
- Visit the home of the Queen of England, Buckingham Palace, which is right in the middle of the city. Watch the changing of the guard and experience a centuries-old tradition.
Transport in London
London is famous for the London Underground, a vast network of underground trains that spreads through the entire city and suburbs. The lines are all colour-coded and maps are available in each station, so you can’t get too lost. Make sure you get an Oyster Card, as it works out cheaper than paying per journey.
Getting from the airport
Fiji Airways flights to the UK London through our codeshare partnership with American Airlines and British Airways to arrive at Gatwick Airport and Heathrow Airport in London, which are both easy to access by public transport connections and motorways. The UK has an extensive railway, so it’s very easy to get from one city to another. There are express train connections from both Gatwick and Heathrow to London’s main train stations, from where you can travel to any other city in the UK.