Enquire today with Fiji Airways for connecting flights to Houston with and experience Houston’s vibrant Tex-Mex culture and cuisine.
Getting to know Houston
- The fourth-most populous city in the US, Houston, Texas, lies on the Gulf of Mexico and is the US's second largest port.
- Twenty-five Fortune 500 companies, including many leading oil companies, call Houston — nicknamed the ‘Space City’ for its ties with NASA — home.
- Known for its diversity, Houston is a melting pot with strong Latin-American, African-American, and Asian communities.
Things to do in Houston
- Explore the Space Center Houston at the NASA Johnson Space Center, a Smithsonian Affiliate museum. See the Apollo 17 command module, the Mercury 9 capsule, and a replica of the space shuttle Independence.
- Discover the Houston Museum of Natural Science. One of the most popular in the US, its known for the Morian Hall of Paleontology and its triceratops skeleton and hands-on activities.
- See the Museum of Fine Arts. One of the largest in the US, its collection dates back over 6,000 years and includes more than 64,000 works.
- Visit the George Ranch Historical Park and see how Texans lived 100 years ago. Explore the historic homestead and watch the blacksmith and cowboys.
- Browse the shops at the Houston Galleria, the largest shopping centre in Texas. Enjoy ice skating and sample the fresh seafood and an authentic Texas steak.
Enquire today with Fiji Airways for connecting flights to Houston!
Transport in HoustonHouston's METRORail lines connect downtown with some of the more popular destinations, and the METRA buses serve the downtown and suburban areas. If you like cycling, be sure to hire a bike and explore Houston's 80 miles (130 km) of hiking and bike trails.
Friday scattered clouds
Saturday light rain
Sunday light rain
Monday light rain
Tuesday sky is clear
Wednesday scattered clouds
Thursday light rain