Nadi to Hobart
*Best fares on flights found by others in the last 48 hours.
Hobart is the capital of the island state of Tasmania, Australia. It is also the most populated city in Tasmania, home to over 40% of the population. It was founded in 1804 as a penal state and is the second-oldest city in Australia, after Sydney.
Fiji Airways offers flights to Hobart International Airport (HBA) through its codeshare partner Qantas, bringing you right to Tasmania.
Top sites in Hobart
- Check out the local art available in the Salamanca Arts Centre, where there are so many galleries and museums to explore.
- See some real-life Tasmanian devils in the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, located just outside Hobart.
- Visit the historic town of Richmond, which dates back to the 1820s, to get a taste of the past.
- Relax on Constitution Dock, a central area for food, drinks and more in Hobart. The perfect place to rest your legs after exploring!
- Wander around the Narryna Heritage Museum and see a house and gardens that are beautifully restored.
Transport in Hobart
Hobart is an easy city to walk around, but if you prefer not to overexert yourself you can get one of the public buses. There are five zones for getting around, and you can get a Greencard if you think you’ll be using a lot of buses. You load money on to your card and you get each journey more cheaply than if you pay cash.
Getting from the airport
There is no public bus that connects Hobart International Airport to the city, but there are several airport shuttle buses that connect the airport to hotels in the centre of Hobart. Alternatively, you can get a taxi from just outside the arrivals hall. The airport is only 18 km outside the city centre, so the journey won’t take too long. If you’re travelling with a bicycle, there is a bicycle workshop in Arrivals, so you can inflate your tyres and assemble your bike just how you like it.