Suva (SUV) to Funafuti (FUN)Round tripSUV-FUN
Nadi (NAN) to Funafuti (FUN)Round tripNAN-FUN
*Best fares on flights found by others in the last 48 hours.
Funafuti is the capital of the island nation of Tuvalu, located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean halfway between Hawaii and Australia. Funafuti is home to more than half the population of Tuvalu – around 6,000 people.
Fiji Airways offers flights to Funafuti serving Funafuti International Airport (FUN), bringing you right to the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Things to do in Funafuti
- In 1942, the United States Army set up a military base on the island atoll of Funafuti to combat Japanese forces during World War II. Check out the juxtaposition of two different cultures.
- Swim in the Funafuti Marine Conservation Area and get closer to the sea creatures than ever before.
- Have a look at the lone library on the atoll, which is the National Library of Tuvalu.
- The Tuvalu Women’s Handicraft Centre is in the airport, and there you can see a selection of handmade items for sale.
- Snorkel in the huge lagoon, which is located in the capital and is home to a number of sea turtles.
Transport in Funafuti
The island only has one main street, so you can easily get around on foot. However, there is lots of motorcycle traffic and you can rent one if you want to get around more quickly. Given the size of the island though, it’s best to check it out by walking around.
Getting from the airport
Funafuti International Airport is located within walking distance of the main street and is easily accessed on foot and by motorcycle. Similarly, the airport only has one runway and it’s possible to just walk onto it.