Bangkok is the capital of Thailand and known for its mix of ornate temples and busy street life. The city is a tropical metropolis full of interesting sights and sounds, so there’s something for everyone here.
Fiji Airways serves up to three weekly flights to Bangkok via Singapore through its codeshare partnership with Cathay Pacific and Hong Kong Airlines, so you can travel to the East Asian city from anywhere in the Pacific.
Top things to do in Bangkok
- A trip to Bangkok wouldn’t be complete without visiting the amazing Grand Palace and its sacred Wat Phra Kaew Temple.
- If you’re looking for some late-night entertainment, Khao San Road is the place to go. It really comes alive at night.
- Do a bit of shopping at the Pratunam Market, which has traditional food and ingredients, along with clothes and shoes.
- Visit Vimanmek Mansion, which was built in 1900 by Thai King Rama V and is now home to his collection of photographs and personal art.
- Get an adrenaline rush on one of the rollercoasters at Dream World Amusement Park.
Transport in Bangkok
Bangkok has an extensive public transport system that consists of Skytrains, buses, light rail, and metro. It is also connected to the rest of the country by motorways. If you want, you can rent a scooter to drive around the city.
Getting from the airport
Suvarnabhumi Airport is connected to the city centre by the Airport Rail Link, which runs every 10 to 15 minutes between the airport and Phaya Thai station. It’s an economic option, but if you want a bit more privacy then a taxi or rented car might be a better option.