Book your flight to Apia with Fiji Airways to see nature’s splendour for yourself.
Getting to know Apia
- The largest city in Samoa and its capital, Apia is known for its Pacific views and natural harbour.
- With a tropical rainforest climate, its consistently balmy temperatures delight travellers year-round.
- Apia is also famous for its teeming rainforest and breath-taking waterfalls.
What to do in Apia
- Visit the Samoa Cultural Village to spend a day immersed in Samoa's traditional Polynesian culture and enjoy the traditional Samoan music and dances.
- See the Immaculate Conception of Mary Cathedral. Founded in 1857, it's known for its gorgeous stained-glass windows and vaulted ceilings.
- Tour the Robert Louis Stevenson Museum. Home of Robert Louis Stevenson before his death in 1894, this meticulously preserved property features memorabilia and wide porches.
- Grab a snorkel and explore the Palolo Deep Marine Reserve, which teems with marine life. Visit this magnificent shallow reef at high tide.
- Discover Papaseea Sliding Rock just a 15-minute drive outside of Apia. To go down nature's waterslide, bring a sturdy pair of shorts!
Transport in ApiaYou can take the Savai'i ferry to see nearby islands. Otherwise, there are local buses to get you around Apia. Be aware that passengers may be asked to either sit in another passenger's lap or offer their own for extra seating. Alternatively, you could get a temporary Samoan driving licence and hire a car. Keep in mind that Samoans drive on the left-hand side. For convenience, you could forgo driving and rely on taxis.
Friday heavy intensity rain
Saturday heavy intensity rain
Sunday light rain
Monday moderate rain
Tuesday light rain
Wednesday broken clouds
Thursday overcast clouds