Melbourne to Tokyo
*Best fares on flights found by others in the last 48 hours.
Book with Fiji Airways for your flights to Tokyo and experience this dynamic East Asian capital for yourself.
Getting to know Tokyo
- Japan's capital Tokyo is the world's largest urban area and home to over 37 million people.
- Tokyo hosts the headquarters of 51 Fortune 500 companies and the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Asia's largest stock exchange.
- Once called Edo, Tokyo's history dates to the 3rd millennium BC, but its architecture is mostly contemporary and older buildings are rare.
Attractions in Tokyo
- Explore Meiji-Jingu, Tokyo's grandest Shinto shrine. Stroll up a winding gravel path that leads to the majestic torii gates. Hidden in a wooded grove, this shrine offers iconic torii gates and exquisite grounds.
- Discover the Tokyo National Museum. With the world's largest collection of Japanese art, woodblock prints, and beautiful kimonos, it’s Japan's premier art museum.
- Experience sumo wrestling at the Ryogoku Kokugikan. Located in the Sumida ward, this indoor sporting arena is known for its January, May, and September sumo tournaments.
- See the Shibuya Crossing, the world's busiest intersection. Find a window seat in a second-floor restaurant and enjoy people-watching at one of Japan's most iconic locations.
- Browse through Coreda Muromachi's elegant shops and sample its traditional delicacies. It offers exquisite teas and historical shops in a modern setting.
Transport in TokyoTravel around Tokyo via its thirteen subway lines. Be sure to get a pre-paid IC card, not a day pass, as most don't cover all of Tokyo's train and subway lines. Keep in mind there are women-only subway cars. Outside Tokyo's city centre, you’ll find many bus routes to take. To stay active, you can also hire a bike.
Friday overcast clouds
Saturday light rain
Sunday light rain
Monday light rain
Tuesday sky is clear
Wednesday overcast clouds
Thursday overcast clouds